Tuesday, February 6, 2018

New Beginnings


Last year was rough.  The Master died, and although losing a parent means alot of different things for different people, if you've lost a parent or two, you may have some shit to deal with in one way or another.

 I dealt with my fathers sudden death in November 2016 as best as I could figure out how, but the way it chose to deal with me was another thing entirely and the depth and complexity of it all left me trudging along in a dark cloud for far too long for my comfort.  I still engaged and participated in almost everything I was invited to do and that was probably what did the most good.  A lot has happened.  A lot of healing. A lot of growth and still an optimistic ways to go.  I'm coming out of it and it feels good.

My dad, Tom Neyman set me on this path whether that was his intention or not.  He was an artist and so am I.  He was an empath and so am I.  He was a visionary and so am I.  We both could see so much while being limited by our own insecurities.  We both have been compelled to always reach out to new ideas while fearing the fall.  My path is a legacy he can own.

Through all the years since Manos: The Hands of Fate popped into Pop Culture consciousness I've engaged with fans, attended screenings and events and cons and had a blast.  It's not made a living but it is a great life and it's solely the fans who have made it possible for me to find so much love and joy in my time on the planet.

Many of the projects I've been working on... some of them for years, are all seemingly coming to fruition this year.  It's not just about opportunity, but timing too...and what one does with the little jewels that come along.  Because of this Manos journey and the friends I've made along the way, several new and very exciting projects are in the making.

It is now time for me to share a few of the opportunities I have the honor to be part of.

My new podcast, Jackey's Hand of Horror, will cover a variety of topics from Puppets to Zombie Animals and Spiders.  Please listen to the Revival League podcast and my interview with Grant Baciocco of the new Mystery Science Theater and stick around for my first episode of Jackey's Hand of Horror right after.
Jackey's Hand of Horror Podcast  February 8th
https://soundcloud.com/mst3krevivalleaguepodcast/episode-one-hundred-grant-baciocco-world-premiere-of-jackeys-hand-of-horror 


Women in Horror Month with the Soska Sisters and Blood Drive PSA.
 Tonjia Atomic and Mi Chelle Nesk teamed up to create a short, titled "Just A Prick" and I play a crazy lady character in it.  Watch the Soska Sisters You Tube page where they are releasing one independent film maker PSA per day for 30 days.  This will be one of them...and Please Give Blood!!
 http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3480991/soska-sisters-assemble-massive-blood-drive-anthology-women-horror-month/


Primal Rage: The Legend of Oh Mah  February 27th
I am honored to have been a consultant and location coordinator for a couple of scenes in this film.  I have the part of Vera, the hostess of a healing ceremony and my whole family were extras in the tipi scene.  This is a very different kind of Bigfoot story.  This film is scheduled for a one night premiere through Fathom Events on February 27th.  Check out the Fathom Events site for a theater near you.
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/primal-rage

I am looking forward to being a guest at Cinema Wasteland this year. If you live in or are visiting the Cleveland area in April, please come see me.
Cinema Wasteland  Cleveland, Ohio April 6,7 and 8
https://www.cinemawasteland.com/cinemashow/guests.html


I will be in Southern Oregon for Meadowlark Comic Con as a guest in May.  Stop by and visit with me.
Medowlark Comic Con   Medford, Oregon  May 12
https://www.meadowlarkcomiccon.com/guests

There are several other projects in the works that I just can't wait  to share including Manos Returns.  So close....
Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment